Businesses from across the industry are being reminded to submit their nominations for the 2020 Retail Jeweller Rising Stars 30 Under 30.
Nominations can be made up until Friday January 17 and should be sent via email to Ruth.Faulkner@emap.com with the subject line Rising Stars 30 Under 30.
The now annual supplement and associated event profiles 30 of the jewellery and watch industry’s brightest talents, aged 30 and under, from a variety of disciplines who have all made a difference to the businesses they work for.
Retail Jeweller editor Ruth Faulkner explained: “The aim of Rising Stars 30 Under 30 is to build greater awareness of the career paths available to young people in the jewellery and watch trade, as well as giving up-and-coming industry talent a chance to shine.”
In 2020, Retail Jeweller, will host a networking event for all successful Rising Stars, which will also see past 30 Under 30 alumni return to speak to next year’s cohort.
The list of 30 Rising Stars will be split up into five separate categories with six under 30s being sought in each of the following areas, spanning different sections of the industry, as follows:
- Designers/Designer Makers (can work for their own brand or as a designer for a brand/manufacturer)
- Retail, buying and merchandising (can include store staff as well as retail buyers and retail or brand merchandisers)
- Manufacturing, industry and apprentices
- Sales and administration (not retail sales but can include sales for a brand, finance, support and administrative roles)
Nominations are open until Friday January 17, 2020 and all you need to do to enter is provide the name of the person being nominated, their age and date of birth (the nominee must be aged 30 or under on March 20, 2020), job title, the name of the business they work at, email address and the reason why they are being nominated.
Please make sure the reason you give is as detailed as possible to ensure that they or you, if you’re nominating yourself, have the best chance possible of being included.
If you are nominating yourself, then please also send in your CV.
All eligible entries will be considered by Retail Jeweller’s editorial team, and the chosen 30 will be featured in a special supplement, which forms part of the April issue (out March 20, 2020).
Successful applicants will be notified ahead of time and invited to the 30 Under 30 networking event.
How to enter
● Email nominations to Ruth.Faulkner@emap.com
● Email subject line Rising Stars 30 Under 30
● Please include the name of the nominated person, their age and date of birth (they must be aged 30 or under on March 20, 2020), their job title, the name of the business they work at, their email address and the reason why they are being nominated
● If you’re entering yourself, send a CV too
● The closing date for nominations is January 17, 2019
● Those interested in sponsorship opportunities relating to Rising Stars are asked to contact Deborah.Sowman@emap.com