I have only just recovered from a crazy London Jewellery Week. It was great to see the jewellery elite in full swing, it was an action packed week full of parties and a celebration of London’s jewellery design at it’s best!
My 5 highlights of the week are:
1) New Geneva based luxury jewellery brand; Shawish presented a collection of playful mushroom pendants, with a unique yet whimsic charm. Good enough to eat let alone wear.
2) Jessica de Lotz’s kooky style fusing 30’s glam and car boot finds lends her to create extraordinarily unique pieces. I especially love the new monogram and crest collection.
3) New Lebanese brand Les Bazella creates the most imaginative and creative teeny tiny bracelets and pendants, brightly colored lady bird rings, chubby frog pendants and salamander earrings celebrate all that is fun about fine jewellery.
4) Last year’s Treasure winner Joanna Dahdah launched a sleek new collection, I especially love the double finger rings with a feminine yet edgy touch.
5) Tina lilenthal’s collection of contemporary skulls and rabbits, inspired by pop art and anything unconventional brought a huge injection of humor into jewellery. Rating very high in the cool factor!
- Alex Gregory-Peake is director of specialist jewellery consultancy; Auric www.auriclondon.com