Assay Office Birmingham has been testing and hallmarking precious metals articles since 1773.
Back then, the Assay Office was only licensed to test silver articles manufactured within a 20-mile radius.
A lot has changed since and the Assay Office is now part of the AnchorCert Group – five divisions all focused on delivering against our original mission: Protecting the Consumer and Serving the Trade.
Today, the Group covers a wide range of testing and certification processes including:
- assaying and traditional hallmarking
- laser marking including hallmarks, sequential numbering, personalisation and branding
- diamond grading & precious gem stone identification
- diamond & precious gemstone laser marking
- jewellery & watch valuations
- training, consultancy and events
The UK’s largest Assay Office now also operates across two continents. Our new head office is in the heart of the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter, with six satellite sites located in some of the UK’s largest Jewellery manufacturers; and we now have an operation in the heart of the secure, export zone in Mumbai, India.
To find out more about the AnchorCert Group and how we can support your business, visit www.anchorcertgroup.com or call 0121 236 6951 to speak to a member of the team.