Those in the industry are being reminded to cast their vote in Retail Jeweller’s Rising Stars 30 Under 30 initiative that recognises young talent in the jewellery industry.
The scheme, which is held in partnership with WB The Creative Jewellery Group, is an annual supplement that profiles 30 of the jewellery and watch industry’s young stars, aged 30 or under, who have made a contribution to the businesses they work for.
Now in its third year, the format has been revamped for 2017 and will reward all those who make the final 30. Each finalist will be invited to a dedicated Rising Stars 30 Under 30 networking breakfast held in central London in early May.
The aim of the award scheme is to raise greater awareness of the career paths available to young professionals in the industry as well as giving up-and-coming industry stars a chance to shine.
The list will be split up into five separate categories with six Under 30s being sought in each of the following areas, spanning different sections of the industry, as follows:
- Designers/Designer Makers (can work for their own brand or as a designer for a brand/manufacturer)
- Retail, buying and merchandising (can include store staff as well as retail buyers and retail or brand merchandisers)
- Manufacturing, industry and apprentices
- Sales and administration (not retail sales but can include sales for a brand, finance, support and administrative roles)
Nominations are open until Friday, February 17, 2017 and all you need to do to enter is provide the name of the person being nominated, their age and date of birth (the nominee must be aged 30 or under on April 21, 2017), job title, the name of the business they work at, email address and the reason why they are being nominated.
Please make sure the reason you give is as detailed as possible to ensure that they or you, if you’re nominating yourself, have the best chance possible of being included.
If you are nominating yourself, then please also send in your CV. All eligible entries will be considered by Retail Jeweller’s editorial team, and the chosen 30 will be featured in a special supplement, which forms part of the May issue (out April 26, 2017).
Successful applicants will be notified ahead of time and invited to the 30 Under 30 networking breakfast.
How to enter: Key information
- Email nomination to: email@example.com
- Email subject line: Rising Stars 30 Under 30
- Information to include: Name of nominated person, their age and date of birth (the nominee must be aged 30 or under on April 21, 2017), job title, the name of the business they work at, email address and the reason why they are being nominated
- If you’re entering yourself: Send CV too
- Closing date for nominations: February 17, 2017