The National Association of Jewellers’ (NAJ) Better Business Group is searching for new voluntary members to join.
The Better Business Group is a new steering group that sits under the umbrella of the NAJ National Committee.
The group consists of carefully selected volunteers that are experts in their relevant fields. The group aims to empower NAJ members, to operate better businesses in line with the NAJ’s three core values of honesty, integrity and professionalism.
The work of the Better Business Group will be to focus primarily on smaller businesses that sometimes lack the necessary time or expertise. The group will create a series of resources that will provide members with the guidance and tools needed to improve business.
From professional activities, including employee rights and contracts, health and safety practices and certifications to product descriptions and responsible sourcing frameworks. The NAJ believe that ‘this set of services and resources should provide the best platform for members to increase profitability and achieve greater commercial success.’
The NAJ is searching for volunteers as well as a new vice-chair position with a view to becoming the group chair in due course.
To be eligible to apply you must comply with the following criteria:
- Be an NAJ member
- Interested in business, SMEs in particular
- Want to help others do even better business
- Would enjoy contributing to discussions, sharing knowledge and meeting interesting contacts
- Are ideally either from manufacturers/retailers/suppliers
- Are interested in responsible sourcing
- Can commit to four meetings per year, normally in London. The chair would also need to attend a further four meetings per year (National Committee meetings) which alternate between London and Birmingham. Reasonable travel expenses are paid for all meetings.
For further information, please contact Harriet Kelsall, the current acting chair, via Amanda.White@naj.co.uk