Retail Jeweller’s Rising Stars 30 Under 30 initiative to recognise young talent in the industry is returning in 2017 and is now open for entries.
Held in partnership with WB The Creative Jewellery Group, this now annual supplement profiles 30 of the jewellery and watch industry’s brightest talents, aged 30 and under, with a proven track record, who have made a difference to the businesses they work for.
For 2017, the scheme, now in its third year, will go one step further in rewarding all of those who make the final 30 by inviting them to a dedicated Rising Stars 30 Under 30 networking breakfast at a central London location in early May.
The aim of the initiative is to build greater awareness of the career paths available to young people in the jewellery and watch industry, as well as giving up-and-coming industry talent a chance to shine.
As with last year, the list will be split up into five separate categories with six Under 30s being sought in each of the following areas, spanning different sections of the industry, as follows:
- Designers/Designer Makers (can work for their own brand or as a designer for a brand/manufacturer)
- Retail, buying and merchandising (can include store staff as well as retail buyers and retail or brand merchandisers)
- Manufacturing, industry and apprentices
- Sales and administration (not retail sales but can include sales for a brand, finance, support and administrative roles)
Retail Jeweller editor Ruth Faulkner said: “Since its debut in 2015, this important next generation industry initiative has grown in prominence and last year we received almost 120 entries and nominations.
“This year we are delighted to be able to take things one step further and reward all of those who make the final list with the chance to attend a dedicated networking event in London, giving them the chance to meet other inspirational under 30s from within the industry.
“My thanks must go to WB The Creative Jewellery Group for recognising the importance of young talent within the trade and continuing to support us in this scheme.”
WB The Creative Jewellery Group managing director Andrew Morton added: “People, especially young people, are very important to WB The Creative Jewellery Group, which prides itself on spotting and nurturing talent, so we are very happy to partner with Retail Jeweller once again on its Rising Stars 30 Under 30.”
Nominations are open until Friday, February 17, 2017 and all you need to do to enter is provide the name of the person being nominated, their age and date of birth (the nominee must be aged 30 or under on April 21, 2017), job title, the name of the business they work at, email address and the reason why they are being nominated.
Please make sure the reason you give is as detailed as possible to ensure that they or you, if you’re nominating yourself, have the best chance possible of being included.
If you are nominating yourself, then please also send in your CV. All eligible entries will be considered by Retail Jeweller’s editorial team, and the chosen 30 will be featured in a special supplement, which forms part of the May issue (out April 26, 2017).
Successful applicants will be notified ahead of time and invited to the 30 Under 30 networking breakfast.
Please send all nominations to email@example.com with the subject line Rising Stars 30 Under 30, by February 17, 2017.
How to enter: Key information
- Email nomination to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email subject line: Rising Stars 30 Under 30
- Information to include: Name of nominated person, their age and date of birth (the nominee must be aged 30 or under on April 21, 2017), job title, the name of the business they work at, email address and the reason why they are being nominated
- If you’re entering yourself: Send CV too
- Closing date for nominations: February 17, 2017