Retail Jeweller’s Rising Stars 30 Under 30 list in partnership with WB The Creative Jewellery Group is making a return for 2016, and is now open for entries.
Debuted in 2015, the 30 Under 30 Rising Stars supplement profiles 30 of the jewellery and watch industry’s brightest talents, aged 30 and under, with a proven track record who have made a difference to the businesses they work for.
The aim of the initiative, which proved extremely popular when it launched last year, is to build greater awareness of the career paths available to young people in the jewellery and watch industry as well as giving up-and-coming industry talent their chance to shine.
This year, the list will be split up into five separate categories with six Under 30s being sought in each of the following areas, spanning different sections of the industry, as follows:
- Designers/Designer Makers (can work for their own brand or as a designer for a brand/manufacturer)
- Retail (includes store staff, buyers and merchandisers)
- Manufacturing and apprentices
- Sales and admin support (not retail sales but can include sales for a brand, finance and administrative roles)
Retail Jeweller editor Ruth Faulkner commented: “Last year we received in excess of 100 entries and nominations for our Rising Stars 30 Under 30 initiative, all from extremely worthy applicants.
“It is a fantastic way to recognise the future stars of the industry and this year we have decided to introduce five categories so the list details a wide spread of careers and individuals from across the industry.”
Andrew Morton managing director of WB The Creative Jewellery Group added: “People, especially young people, are very important to WB The Creative Jewellery Group which prides itself on spotting and nurturing talent, so we are particularly delighted to partner with Retail Jeweller’s Rising Stars 30 Under 30 for the second year running.”
Nominations are open until Friday, February 26 2016 and all you need to do to enter is provide the name of the person being nominated, their age and date of birth (the nominee must be aged 30 or under on April 19, 2016), job title, the name of the business they work at, email address and the reason why they are being nominated.
Please make sure the reason you give is as detailed as possible to ensure that they, or you if you’re nominating yourself, have the best chance possible of being included.
If you are nominating yourself, then please also send in your CV. All eligible entries will be considered by Retail Jewellers’ editorial team, and the chosen 30 will be featured in a special supplement which forms part of the May issue (out April 20, 2016). Successful applicants will be notified ahead of time.
Please send all nominations to email@example.com with the subject line Rising Stars 30 Under 30, by February 26, 2016.
How to enter: key information
- Email nomination to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email subject line: Rising Stars 30 Under 30
- Information to include: Name of nominated person, their age and date of birth (the nominee must be aged 30 or under on April 19, 2016), job title, the name of the business they work at, email address and the reason why they are being nominated
- If you’re entering yourself: Send CV too
- Closing date for nominations: February 26 2016